Jet Li Filmography
This Jet Li Filmography list will serve as a place for your to explore a full list of past present and future Jet Li Movie projects.
While, it may not be in exact chronological order, but it will offer you with a means to dig into this martial art film actors work.
Jet Li has made many martial arts movies over the years, such as the Shaolin Temple martial art movie Series.
First on the Jet Li filmography list is Shaolin Temple series.
The first shaolin temple movie shot Jet Li into the spot light; while at the same time re-sparking interest in the real Shaolin Temple in Dengfeng, China.
There were several films in this popular Jet Li movie series:
- Shaolin Temple (1982)
- Shaolin Temple 2: Kids from Shaolin
- Shaolin Temple 3: Martial Arts of Shaolin
Another in our Jet Li filmography list is the martial art movie series Once Upon a Time in China.
This martial arts movie series is based on a semi-legendary Chinese folk hero.
- Once Upon a Time in China (Chinese title: Wong Fei Hung)
- Once Upon a Time in China II
- Once Upon a Time in China III
- Once Upon a Time in China IV
Speaking of legendary Chinese folk heroes, the Fong Sai-Yuk series was released in 1993 and is next in our Jet Li filmography list.
In this movie, Li starred as Fong Sai-Yuk a member of the Red Flower Society, who desired to take back the country from the Ching Dynasty.
- Fong Sai-Yuk (The Legend)
- Fong Sai-Yuk II (The Legend 2)
Jet Li is most famous for the martial arts epic movies, many of which are listed above.
In recent years, he has created several that released both in the Hong Kong and US markets. They are:
- Hero (Ying Xiong)
Jet Li's has even remade one of Bruce Lee's 1970's classic the Chinese Connection, Jet Li's version was called..
Fist of Legend (Jing Wu Ying Xiong)
This is one of my favorite Jet Li Films and I have review it here..
Not only is Jet Li an actor, he has also directed and produced several martial arts films.
Here are a few to add to our Jet Li filmography list:
- Born to Defence (Director)
- The Kung Fu Cult Master (Producer)
- Last Hero in China (Producer)
- Tai Chi Master a.k.a Twin Warriors (Producer)
- The Body Guard of Beijing a.k.a. The Defender (Producer)
- Hung Hei-Koon: Shaolin's Five Founders (Producer)
Jet Li's martial arts movie career sky-rocketed through the Hong Kong Film industry.
Below is a list of martial arts movies filmed in Hong Kong starring Jet Li, these are martial art movies not yet listed on our Jet Li filmography list.
- Dragon Fight (a very hard to find martial arts movie)
- The Master
- Hung Hei-Kwun (Legend of the Red Dragon)
- My Father is a Hero (a.k.a. Jet Li's The Enforcer)
- Dr. Wai and the Scripture Without Words
- Black Mask
- Hitman (released as 'Contract Killer' in the US)
- High Risk or Meltdown
Jet Li's movie debut in Hollywood was as a villain in Lethal Weapon 4.
He then went on to make several other Hollywood martial arts movies which include such titles as:
- Romeo Must Die, this was his first leading role in Hollywood.
- Kiss of the Dragon
- The One
- Cradle 2 the Grave
Other Jet Li Films
In 2007, Jet Li released two more martial art movies:
- The Warlords 投名狀 "Pang Qing Yun"
- War 玩命對戰 "Rogue" aka "Victor Shaw" aka Rogue Assassin or Rogue
2008 brought us the rease of;
- The Forbidden Kingdom 功夫之王 "Sun Wukong the Monkey King" / "Silent Monk"
- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor 盜墓迷城3 "Emperor Han"
- The Founding of a Republic 建國大業 "Chen Shaokuan" aka Jian Guo Da Ye (lit. The Great Cause of China's Foundation) aka Founding of the Nation aka Lofty Ambitions of Nation Building
- Ocean Heaven 海洋天堂 "Sam Wong"
- The Expendables 浴血任務 "Yin Yang"
- The Sorcerer and the White Snake 白蛇傳說之法海 "Reverend Fahai"
- Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 龍門飛甲 "Chow Wai On"
- The Expendables 2 浴血任務2 "Yin Yang"
- Badges of Fury 不二神探 "Huang Feihong"
- The Expendables 3 浴血任務3 "Yin Yang" Fifth time partnered with Jason Statham, second time opposite Mel Gibson since Lethal Weapon 4
Wiki Jet Li Filmography
If you would like to be notified as new information is added to this page and receive special insider tips, events & instruction, then, Join our Warrior Training Newsletter